December 4, 2010

My Herb Garden

I've never been much of a gardener. Greg took care of our garden back in Denver during his summer vacations and I was content to eat the produce and not kill anything. But I've been experimenting with our cooking here and wanted fresh herbs at the ready. With Greg's help, I created a little container herb garden that's been taking off. I basically just watch it and water it every once in a while. And nothing has died yet!!!
Basil buds!
To save on buying new pots for an experiment I didn't know would work, I just used cleaned out cans and food containers. So far, so good. I hope to have chives, dill, basil and parsley that I can use soon. 


Parsley ~ eventually it will make its way into my tabbouleh recipe

1 comment:

  1. That's quite an accomplishment! I kill every single plant I get my hands on, so you are impressing me with your mad skills:)

    ReplyDelete