April 19, 2010

Biking to Work!

I took advantage of the glorious weather we're having and biked to work today! As many of you know, Greg biked to work when we lived in Aurora (or walked) every day. Now we've switched roles as I hope to bike to work here in the spring, summer and fall (although not on rainy days if I can help it). Today it took me 40-45 minutes one way and almost an hour on the way back because I got a little crazy and tried a new route. Maybe the new route wasn't such a good idea.

The bike lanes here are fantastic and numerous outside of the old city center (which I have to bike through every day). There everything twists and turns, and bike lanes are fairly nonexistent. Oh, and don't even get me started on the tourists - it's like people forget how to look for bicycles or even cross a street when they're not in their home country. Look left and right, and if there's something fast coming at you, don't cross! I need a good bypass to the old town.
Just in case you forgot what my awesome, old school bike looks like, here's a picture in front of the Alte Pinakothek

One gear,baby, one gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment