September 9, 2009

Fastest bagger in the West(ern Europe, that is)

This kind of goes along with my last post because this is a major part of the hausfrauen's day: household shopping. I can go looking for something for days here, forget what I was looking for, and then find it a week later in the most random place. I wouldn't say it's a waste of time because I generally find other good stuff along the way and fill up my mind with best places to get this or that. However, it does take a lot of time, which at the moment I have.

My big deal today was that I got my groceries out of the way in the bagging area before the next person's stuff slide unto mine. This is monumental because grandmas in their nineties can go faster than me in the bagging area. Well, I showed them today!

That and they always seem to have the exact change for what they bought. I think they mentally tally how much their items cost while in the store and it's probably a little internal victory for them when they're right. Although I have yet to see one jump up and clap their hands out of happiness for having gotten it right.

Classic American over here: I either hand over my EC card (German bank card) to the cashier or a twenty and hope it covers the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment